Friday, December 13, 2013

December 12 of 12 - tiny things

December 12th. A most boring day indeed. I absolutely did not forget it was 12 of 12, there just wasn't ANYTHING worth documenting. Get up, go to work, come home, ride the bike. I tried taking pictures but they were just so fucking boring! I couldn't bring myself to finish so I did this instead.
 
There are more than 12 because I got carried away.  You can tell I took them all either at my desk or in the kitchen.
 
1 measly unit of insulin next to normal, everyday things. This shows the phenomenal cosmic power of the elixir that is insulin. ONE measly unit helps my body to process anywhere between 5 and 20 grams of carbohydrates. One wee drop of life, so small yet so much power.
 
1. A paper clip (standard size)

2. A triple 'A' battery

3. A test strip

4. A single grain of basmati rice

5. A sunflower seed

6. A raisin

7. A chia seed

8. A single grain of quinoa

9. A peppercorn

10. A safety pin (standard size)

11. My index finger

12. A lego dude. Can you see it on his hand? He looks furious! Okay this may not be a regular every day item but like I said, I got carried away!

13. A pencil eraser

14. A staple

15. Since we don't have pennies anymore I had to use a nickel. The beaver looks like he's poopin' insulin!

6 comments:

  1. Scully, this is brilliant. I really wish they'd do away with the pennies here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - fascinating - awesome photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Just one little drop does so much. The beaver one is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. - You got me thinking about the amount of carbohydrate in the body which we try to balance with that little drop of insulin. I think that's going to be my next post...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures and your idea to create them are/is incredibly profound. Very powerful.

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)