Friday, January 18, 2013

48 bits of useless information

Cherise over at DSMA suggested the DOC get to know each other a little bit better. She posted 48 questions to answer and blog about. EVERYBODY is doing it y'know.

I felt it was necessary to add the "u" into every single "favorite" and "color" because I'm Canadian eh.


1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Nope. My mother loves Christmas and I was born during that season so I got the name Chris(tine). Even my middle name is festive.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
3 nights ago. I don't cry all that often but I woke up at 1 am to check my BG and there was a very upsetting email that came in.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I do actually. I work in the field of Architecture and I went to college before the programs were entirely computer based so I learned to write all technical like. I can't actually write in cursive though.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LUNCH MEAT?
Since I don't eat meat I have no answer.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Nope

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I would for sure. I know I can be fun to have around because I'm crass, clumsy and absentminded. I'm like the clown of the group even when I try not to be. I'm good for making fun of and laughing at.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
If I didn't use sarcasm I'd be a seriously boring person

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Sure do

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Most definitely! Yeah I think it's kind of unsafe and it looks like it would hurt but I'd do it. In fact I don't know how I got this far in life not doing it already.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL?
I'm not a cereal eater and now that I have celiac disease I'm even less of a cereal eater. I do love the gluten free Chex though if I was to choose.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Firstly I hate wearing shoes. Ergo, I wear slip-on Birkenstock clogs the majority of my existence. Does that answer the question? I do untie my shoes if I have laces though.


12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Physically? yes. I'm kind of beefy and oafish sometimes. Mentally? no. My anxiety issues make me kind of soft and mushy.



13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM?
Again, something I don't really eat. I used to love the PC chocolate crackle stuff. Or the Moosetracks with the little chocolate peanut butter cups in it.





14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Eyes and whether or not they make eye contact. I don't trust people that can't make eye contact.

15. RED OR PINK?
In reference to what? I don't like either. (despite the tacky pink shirt I wear as pajamas)

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
my phobia of spiders and vomit. Thank jebus spiders don't puke!

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My gramma who passed away a couple years ago and I loved dearly

18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Knowing when to STFU (shut the fuck up)

19. WHAT COLOUR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Bare feets. 

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Dinner last night was left-over pasta baked into a frittata. A lesson I learned from Ryan.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Aggressive dubstep on Songza (and it's 6:30am)

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE?
black. It's the most versatile.

23. FAVOURITE SMELLS?
Ryan, coffee, Nag Champa

24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
Wait, who's the prime minister of Canada right now?



25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
In Thailand you can have both. In reality, I would go for a beach house.

26. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
I don't watch sports at all EXCEPT for cycling

27. HAIR COLOUR?
All natural auburn

28. EYE COLOUR?
blue

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
I can't see 3" in front of my face without glasses and contacts so yes. I usually wear glasses but contacts for sports.

30. FAVOURITE FOOD?
If you know me, you'll know.  Peanut butter.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
I like GOOD movies be it scary, happy or sad endings. I won't watch horror flicks though.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Haggard and it was pretty fucking hilarious!

33. WHAT COLOUR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Pink t-shirt. Shut up, I'm working from home.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
summer all the way. Used to be winter but that was back in the old days when we used to actually get snow.

35. FAVOURITE DESSERT?
Old fashioned chocolate chip cookies

36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
cardio. I actually really dislike strength training. Probably because I'm not good at it but also because I just find it totally boring

37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
computer.  television ON my computer.

38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Chris Carmichael's "The Time Crunched Cyclist". Special thanks to Chrysa.

39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Does anybody even use mouse pads any more? I mean seriously!

40. FAVOURITE SOUND?
The sound of my road bike tires flying down the pavement. And spring peepers.


41. FAVOURITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
This may come as a surprise to most of you but something heavy. Heavy metal, heavy rock, heavy electronica, dub step etc.

42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Lived in Taiwan for 2 years

43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I asked Ryan what he would consider my special talent is. After raising his eyebrows and insinuating something entirely inappropriate he said, in one word.... "farting." "you're pretty awesome at farting."

44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Burlington, Ontario

45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Hamilton, Ontario with Ryan in our cabin in the city

46. WHAT COLOUR IS YOUR HOUSE?
We rent an apartment on the ground floor of a house. It has reddish coloured bricks.

47. WHAT COLOUR IS YOUR CAR?
black.

48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
It took my mind off things for the duration of time I answered them and that's really needed right now. So yes.

You're turn!

DO IT! Go answer some questions!!!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I use a mouse-pad! But then, I also watch TV on my TV. So I guess that makes me old...

    I'm forced to wonder what's truly special about your talent though. Is it the super-stealth-weaponry type or is it in the melody of "Oh, Canada!"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!

    I am excited to hang out with you next weekend. Even more excited that I know your special talent is farting. Let's just say I call not being on the bunk under you.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I am with you on the shoe thing. I don't like wearing shoes or socks, unfortunately must for work and to get through snow. Loved reading your answers and also think we need to talk heavy metal. I love the shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scully, this is one of my favourite posts! See what I did there? Great learning more about you. And I've got to get myself a copy of that book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew the answer to #30 before I read it!!! <3 PB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my birks too... Although I wear the arizona style.

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)