Monday, December 31, 2012

end of another year

I did this meme a couple years ago and decided to do it again. It was interesting to read my answers from two years ago and again this year.

blog post from The end of 2011
blog post from the end of The end of 2010

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Found true love that made me think that all the times I thought I was in love I wasn't

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions from last year and will you make any for 2013?
I don't make New Year's Resolutions but I do try to make some "guidelines".  In which case I think I kept the resolution.  It is usually the same: Stay healthy, get healthier

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? 
Nope. No babies.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully no.  But that is not to say that I didn't feel a few losses personally

5. What countries did you visit?
Just the good ol' USA.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A comfortable existence where I'm not constantly trying to make ends meet.

7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory...and why?
August 29th. The day I met my one true love.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting rid of psychological baggage and moving forward with my life


9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to support myself financially and having to sell my house.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No major illnesses. Injury? well there's still this asshole clavicle..
Oh right.. and that time I crashed my road bike AND mountain bike within a 3 week span. Fracturing 4 ribs and two transverse processes.






11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Garmin Edge bike computer. Well I guess I didn't really buy it. It was a birthday gift but I chose it!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
These two questions bothered me the first time I did this and they still do. Like, what do you mean? Who was naughty and who was nice? I have no answer.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No answer

14. Where did most of your money go?
Debt and overdue bills

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving in with Ryan to our little "cabin in the city"

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
-Fun "we are young"
-Mumford and Sons "I will wait"
-Gotye "someone I used to know"

17. Compared to last year, are you...
...happier/sadder? happier
...thinner/fatter? fatter - yes that's the truth. I'm feeling defeated.
...richer/poorer? poorer and then richer now that I sold my house and splitting bills



8. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Cycling. ALWAYS!

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Crying over things (and douchebags) that I would soon get over

20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
Looks like a relaxed get together with friends.

21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. How many one-night stands?
I still wouldn't answer this one.

23. What was your favourite TV program?
Penn & Teller: Bullshit! Although it's not new by any means, it's new to me thanks to Ryan for introducing it to me. It's very, shall we say, enlightening!

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a harsh word.  "dislike" yes.

25. What was the best book you read in 2012?
I didn't read much and haven't read much in a few years. I did read Phil Southerland's "Not Dead Yet" at the very beginning of the year.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I had a lot of musical discoveries this year. I fell in love with Muse and a whole bunch of other bands who I wasn't entirely familiar with before. Fun, Alex Clare, 

27. What did you want AND get?
I wanted (more so needed) to sell my house and I did. Oh and I wanted and got my tattoo I had been designing in my mind for the past year. Blog post to come on the journey.

28. What did you want and NOT get?
A million dollars, a 1st place podium. C'mon, the answers are endless!

29. What was your favorite film of the year?
I can remember two times that I went to the movies. Once with my sister Erin to see The Hunger Games. The other time with my friend Erin (yes, yes both are Erin's) to see The Artist. Despite the blockbuster hit of Hunger Games I think I enjoyed The Artist more.

30. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 33 this year (well a few weeks ago). I hate my birthday very much, it brings with it too much anxiety. Ryan made this amazing gluten-free, dairy-free and vegetarian lasagna! We had a quiet evening with my room mate Steph who made some kick ass protein chocolate cake thingies. 

31. What ONE thing would have made your year immensely more satisfying?
Probably being financially stable and comfortable would have helped.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? 
"fashion concept?" Seriously, what the hell is that? Does that answer your question? Whatever fits.

33. What kept you sane?
Always trying to look forward. I feel like I overcame a lot this past year and I did that with great friends and family but more than the people I just kept looking forward.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
This seems like such a ridiculous question which can only deserve a ridiculous answer. Katy Perry. Seriously, have you seen her movie? Yeah I know it sounds stupid but she's pretty rad when you look past her religious upbringing.

35. What political issues stirred you the most?
I am not one to pay attention much to politics at all. I'm glad Obama got voted in for another term as president, how's that?

36. Whom did you miss?
There are so many people in my life that I miss and cherish memories of no matter how far away they are. Too many to list.



37. Who was the best new person you met?
Do I really need to say his name again? Heck yes I do, RYAN! Yeah, that's REALLY him!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson that you learned in 2012.
Always try and live for today while putting a bit aside for tomorrow and never ever regretting the past. More than anything, life is too short to spend it not doing what your heart desires.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I know the way, you know the way, we all fall down if we fear love"
Devin Townsend (my idol) from the song, "Grace".

2 comments:

  1. Hey, we've all got challenges... but it sounds like 2012 was pretty great! I'm happy for you, and wishing you a spectacular 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Scully!

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)