What I'm loving lately....
1. Costco for it’s big cheap Jars-o-PB
I used to be a Kraft Smooth girl all the way and then Costco stopped selling Kraft in the gigant-o containers. I reluctantly switched to Skippy. Hey, discount PB is discount PB and it tastes almost the same. $6.99 is a steal for a couple weeks worth of peanut butter. No joke, between Ryan and I (more him than me) these jars don't last long.
2. Chia seedsI owe it to my room mate chick friend Steph for introducing me to chia seeds in my oatmeal. They have no flavour but they bulk up the oatmeal and in turn are full of good stuff for my body!
3. New purple fluffy towels
I have been putting off buying towels for months and months. Until I saw these bad boys on sale for $6.99 each. Coming into winter, plus I'm a girl, I couldn't resist the soft fluffy bath towels.
4. SHOPPERS optimum and free stuff
It took me awhile to manipulate the system but once I figured it out, I was hooked. I buy a couple hundred test strips a week. I buy the strips out of my own pocket and submit my receipts to my insurance company for reimbursement and I collect points. I normally don't subscribe to ANY store point system firstly because I don't want all the stupid cards in my wallet. Secondly, it takes forever in a day to collect anything worthwhile. However, spending upwards to $200/week I have collected enough points that Ryan and I went on a little shopping spree this past weekend and treated ourselves to some free perfume and cologne amongst other things.
What are you loving right now?
5. Smelly candlesI'm a sucker for smelly candles. Especially the ones that smell like Christmas trees. This "flavour" is hazelnut and espresso. Mmmmmmm.......
6. REAL gluten free oatsI never stopped eating oatmeal when I discovered celiac. For the first little while I didn't even change the oats I was buying. Oatmeal is cheap. GF oatmeal is very much NOT cheap. At $6.99 for a bag that lasts me a few weeks, I just kept buying the usual oats. Until a couple months ago when I noticed re-occurring symptoms of celiac. So I bought some wheat-free oats. Symptoms persisted. I felt defeated. BY OATMEAL! My favourite food on the planet!! And then I discovered these gluten-free oats. REAL gluten free oats. Not just wheat free but wheat, barley and rye free. So far so good. Time will tell though as that's the nature of celiac. Sometimes you don't know until days later. They still cost a lot but I've given up fighting the expensive GF oats.
7. My favourite pair of jeansBack to the cold weather. I pulled out my jeans and have had to force myself not to wear them every day.
8. Starbucks AmericanosI wrote something about peanut butter I couldn't NOT write about something to do with coffee. Y'all know how much I love you American folks. I even love the coffee named after you! An Americano is like a personal single serve fresh brew made with espresso. They are always the same no matter what Sbux you go to and I dig that. Delicious!
9. Costco priced DexLove me some cheaper Dex. Now I just have to remember to open them BEFORE I go low.
I think I must have been living under a rock or something. I've known of Muse but never really went so far as to get their albums until the most recent song came out. I AM IN LOVE with this band now.
11. iphone reminders
I'm forgetful. So I set my phone to alert me. It works. I called the doctor and now have lab requisitions for clavicle ultrasound and x-ray. I can't imagine how many weeks it would have been if I didn't have this reminder.
12. "Monkey"This is "Monkey". I found him in a parking lot. He is apparently a cheap-o happy meal toy. I brought him home and since then my room mate and I have a little game with him. We put him in weird places all over the house for the other to find. When you find him, you re-hide him. He's always somewhere new and each time I find him I get to re-hide him. It's just something we do and it's cute.
13. RyanSave the best for last right? I'm kind of really hooked on him.
What are you loving right now?