Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday Tidbits of awesome people!

Yet again, I've been vacant from the blog world. I'm out there doing "STUFF" though. I'm running and cycling and climbing stairs. I'm drinking copious amounts of coffee, staying up late and working long hours. I'm painting walls and planning trips and participating in humbling activities. I'm having tattoos designed and hiding a toy monkey around the house.

Blogging, I am not. I think about it every day though. It's not a matter of not having time though that certainly effects my writing. I just am not sure what to write about lately.

Here are some things you will hopefully love.

First up: Connected in Motion hosted it's first ever western slipstream event in British Columbia. Here is the video recap by everybody's favourite videographer/photographer and editor extraordinaire, Hank.



Next, you may remember when I posted a video about two Team Type 1 running team members conquering the Leadville 100mile trail ultra marathon. Those videographers also did a piece on one of my favourite team mates and close friends, Becky Furuta. This woman is inspirational. She's powerful. I'm honoured to be her friend and team mate. You may remember our Texas cycling race weekend with Team Type 1.



My other friend Scott Johnson sent me a package of THESE:


Back in June when I did the Tour de Cure Twin Cities I discovered the glorious properties of Pearson's Salted Nut Roll. The perfect mix of salty and sweet with what can only be described as a crack filled marshmallow centre. Seriously, these things are awesome ride fuel. Yes, the corner of the bag has already been ripped open before I even got a picture of it. MANY thanks is owed to Scott. THANK YOU SCOTT!

Another highly entertaining thing from Scott is this video he posted on facebook yesterday with the comment: 

"My family watched the TV show "Bones" for a while. This summer, Scully came to town for the ADA Tour de Cure bike ride. As I was telling my family about her they started talking about this particular episode because of this particular part"


This is hilarious! I'm sure it makes sense when watched with the rest of the episode but the way she keeps correcting "Skull-é" over and over again. Giggles.

AAaaand, that's about as serious as I get for a Friday afternoon before our Canadiana thanksgiving long weekend. I'm spending it up north surrounded by the beauty of fall colours while camping with some awesome people. This weekend I was supposed to be running the Minneapolis Twin Cities marathon. I'm having a hard time dealing with the past few months of injuries.

I miss writing my blog. If you have any topics you'd like me to write about or questions, please let me know. Maybe I just need a little prompting.

4 comments:

  1. Scott, I don't know you, but I think I love you. Salted Nut Rolls are the BEST THING EVER. Scully, I cannot believe you lived so long without one. That makes me a little bit sad, actually. Thank goodness it has been remedied. And I'm glad you are out doing things yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great company I'm in! Thanks for the mention! And I am totally willing to be the Salted Nut Roll supplier for all who need them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need some elaboration on the tattoo and toy monkey...and go... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, have I been pronouncing your name wrong?!

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)