Monday, May 14, 2012

D Blog Week Day 1 - Find a Friend


Okay so it's DBlog week! My second year participating. Please check out Karen's blog Bitter-Sweet. She is the brainchild of this annual event. And what an event it is turning out to be with the participant list reaching upwards to 200 diabetes blogs!

in short:

"The idea of Diabetes Blog Week is that bloggers sign up to post about a set topic each day for a week.  This way, readers can jump around the D-Blog Community and get a plethora of different perspective on a single topic."

Here is the Participant List

Today is day 1 and the topic is "Find a Friend"


"It seems the most popular thing about Diabetes Blog Week is that it helps us find blogs we weren’t reading yet and connect with some new blog friends.  With that in mind, let’s kick off Diabetes Blog Week by making some new connections.  Think about the d-blogs you read that you think we may not know about and introduce us to one that you love!!  Let’s all find a new friend today!"
Katie - Princess of Pavement
Katie has T1D and is kind of obsessed with running. Though not so much now that she's preggers ;)!! I'm excited to follow along in her baby baking journey.


Queenie - Life of Queenie
Queenie has T1D and is WAY more obsessed with running than anybody I know. She also just qualified for Boston 9 minutes faster than her qualifying time and I got to see it happen! She's a pretty rad T1D runner!


Céline - Running on Carbs
Well if you have ever read my blog at all you already know of Céline. Another T1D runner who is an inspiration to me and a real life friend. I've watched her train for a marathon only to be thwarted with a stress fracture. Now she's training and she's even faster and stronger than before.


Jeff - Jeff Mather's Dispatches
Jeff is a pretty awesome dude. Go follow him along as he trains for his first half ironman! Jeff is kind of like my DBFF.


Becky - Délectation
I had to come back to add Becky. I am ashamed to say I meant to add her but forgot when I was composing this post at 6am this morning. Becky writes like a pro. It's impressive to read her stories and her writing style is simply delectable. Eh? Delectable, Delectation...


These are just a handful of my favourites and some folks that are hardcore into managing diabetes and athletics. I didn't realize until after that these five people I've all met in person. I could obviously link a zillion blogs but that would be insanity. There's a big giant list off to the side over there with my blog roll on it if anybody is feeling click-happy.


For more "Find a Friend" posts, go HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Cool Kick Deodorant with its cool-care formula delivers 24h confidence and anti-perspirant protection keeping you fresh, dry and invigorated all day long.
    Roll Ons Middlesex

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)