Friday, April 20, 2012

To TEXAS!



Today I'm headed to Dallas Texas with Team Type 1 Sanofi. Myself and Becky are representin' the women's team along with some guys from the Men's Elite team. We are participating in a couple crits as well as a really great community event opportunity.

It's going to be a shit show. Landing at 11pm (feeling more like midnight for me) and having 8 whole hours to rent a car, find the hotel, assemble our bikes and maybe try to get some sleep before being up and at 'em in time for our 7am race! WTF! How will I ever have time to apply my makeup and do my hair just right so it flows pretty out of my helmet?!

We'll be ready and prepared enough though 'cuz we are TT1 women! Sleep when you're dead right?

Here's a video from the 2011 Matrix Challenge crits. I'm afraid.



Below is the video for Project F.U.N. (Families Understanding Nutrition).



The Diabetes Health and Wellness Institute is an organization on a mission. To prevent the onset of diabetes in those who don't yet have it and manage the disease in those who do in the poorest, sickest neighbourhoods of Dallas.

I'm excited to be a part of something big. I hope to inspire and share knowledge.

Keep up with our weekend on the TT1 facebook page.

But first... we RACE!

7 comments:

  1. Call me wind because I am blown away by your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brave! Even watching crits scares the crap out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look out Dallas, Scully has arrived!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!!!! I love this cause and I love that your going hardcore, can't wait to hear how it goes!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyy my comment went throughhhh!

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)