Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A-Z meme


I pulled this one out of the woodwork. I think I started it last summer.

I was recently browsing through my "New Posts" on Blogger when I noticed I have a HUGE amount of un-published posts.  Seems I write (to myself?) and never post them.  I found this A-Z meme but have absolutely NO idea who I thieved it from!  So whoever you are out there, thanks!


Age: 32
Bed size: Double.  It's okay for one person, but I'd love a really big comfy bed.
Chore you dislike: Sweeping, it's pointless.  Nothing ever gets "swept", it just displaces dust and crud
I couldn't help putting up a picture of him!
Dogs: Taiwanese dumb dumb. No I'm kidding, I brought him back from Taiwan with me.  He is a border collie/australian shepherd (we think).  He's about 9 years old now.
Essential start to your day: coffee and reading blogs
Favorite color: Black has always been a staple but recently I have enjoyed purple and even more recently turquoise has found it's way into my life and is now my favourite.


Gold or silver: Definitely silver.  Something about gold makes me feel crusty inside
Height: 5’7″ ish
Instruments you play(ed):  None, never, ever ever.  I am so musically useless.  I can maybe shake and rattle things.
Job title: Architectural Technologist aka: CAD monkey
Kids: I'd like to have 1 at least... before it's too late
Live: Hamilton, Ontario aka: Steeltown aka: The Hammer aka: The armpit of Ontario
Mom’s name: Karen
Nicknames: This could be a long one.  Currently?  Sculls and Scully.  In the past? Scully-doo, Scullybum, Fartypants, Astrowench.  None of them even remotely resembling my first name which I like.
Overnight hospital stays: Last year from an obstruction in my small bowel.  Otherwise, one surgery when I was 18 (pre-D)
Pet peeve:  Those who don't recycle.  Yeah, I'm a tree-hugger.  Oh and RUSH-HOUR TRAFFIC, It makes me want to scratch my eyeballs out.  I drive a manual transmission car though, that could have something to do with it.
Quote from a movie: "It's so fluffy I could die!" If you figure that one out without google, you can be my friend. :)
Righty or Lefty: Righty - BORING
Siblings: Older sister, younger brother.  I'm the middle child, we are all 2.5years apart.
Time you wake up: 5am Monday to Friday, 6am long run Saturdays and Sunday is my only sleep-in day (unless it's a race day!).
Underwear: was there nothing else to substitute for 'U'? seriously!

Bitter Gourd - BARF!
Vegetables you don’t like: There aren't many, in fact I can only think of one yucky one "bitter gourd" that I only ever saw in Taiwan.  I love pretty much all vegetables






What makes you run late:  Accidentally sleeping in is number one.  Maybe I need to stop using my phone as an alarm clock.  Or forgetting to fill-up gas in my car the day before.  There are very few things that make me late, I'm notoriously known for being sickly early all the time
X-Rays you’ve had: Tons.  But recently in the past few years, I broke a toe and fractured my tailbone
Yummy food you make:  I'm good in the kitchen.  Pre gluten-free I was a damn good cake maker, still am and still make 'em, I just don't eat them now.  I make some tasty soups and I also make a lot of great vegetarian dishes.  I can make a good thai coconut curry, vegetarian dumplings and fried rice.
Zoo animal favorite: Elephants have been a childhood favourite of mine but I absolutely ADORE goats too. Though they don't really count as a "zoo" animal do they? Maybe a petting zoo animal.

That is all. I wish our alphabet was longer!

5 comments:

  1. I think a goat is one of those things people buy and then immediately regret after they discover they basically chew on anything valuable. They're like rabbits with long legs. And this from a guy with a rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this!

    Lisa and I saw the cutest damn baby elephant at the Sydney Zoo.

    Did they not keep you overnight in hospital when you were diagnosed? I was there for two nights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! We can be friends! I love Despicable Me. I wish they would make a movie with just the minions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. L.O.V.E me-me's!

    Oh, yeah, and love me some Despicable Me...totally posted about 'Knocked Over' several months ago.

    And, totally love that you are early...can't stand late people! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "bitter gourds" the name says it all. we sell them at the StupidStore. often wonder what to do with them, but never brave enough to find out LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)