Monday, February 27, 2012

Virtual 5k and a guest post


Last year Tara who is sister to Reyna who write Beta Buddies, a blog about her son Joe who has T1D, started this virtual 5k. It was a fun event that raised a lot of money for JDRF and people participated all over the country.

Well it's back again this year and it's happening over the last weekend in April this year to celebrate Joe's birthday.

Go to her page HERE to read about how to participate and sign up. It's $20 per 5k entry and there are some other special opportunities to run more as well as some awesome raffle prizes.

To read about the Scully experience please go to Last year's virtual 5k.

Because this virtual 5k is in support of the JDRF and Tara's T1D nephew Joe, she asked me if I would answer a few questions for her. Tara herself is a runner. But not just any old runner, Tara is an ultra marathoner. Ultra marathons have always interested me and ever since I got the opportunity to meet Tara in person I have had an extra special interest. For those who don't know, an ultra-marathon is anything over marathon distance (26.2 miles). Tara has run 24-hour races as well as 100mile races.

I am pretty blown away by her ability and secretly wish I could do that. I never thought I'd ever run a marathon so who knows, maybe an ultra-marathon is not as unattainable as I think it is.

So in order to gain some more knowledge of what it's like to not just be a runner but a diabetic runner, she interviewed me. I would like to say that my responses to her questions had all of the diabetic athletes I know in mind. I just started to name a few and then I realized the list would be too long because I don't want to leave anybody out. YOU know who you are! and you are ALL amazing athletes!

Please go read my guest post on her site, Mommy's A Runner


Thanks Tara!

Also, please register for the virtual 5k! I'm running the Illinois half marathon that weekend (more on that later) so I will have 4 race entries! I really want to win a Headsweats Hat!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Scully and of course you can do an ultra, you can do anything you put your mind to, I think you proved that already. -Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Scully for your support, you are an amazing lady. Mascara Fairy

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)