Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Guest Post for a FRIEND

We interrupt this regular scheduled programming.

I have a friend.

Her name is Sysy and she writes one of my favourite blogs, "The Girl's Guide to Diabetes"

I have become quite close with this friend and I truly look up to her for inspiration and education regarding diabetes and health.  She has helped me through some rough times and I hope I've been there to listen to some of hers.  I know that if we lived closer to each other we might be BFF's.

One day while reading one of my sordid repetitive posts about running and diabetes she realized that I, too, started at the beginning.  I wasn't born into running shoes.  I've had some success over the years and Sysy wanted to tap into my knowledge.

I wrote a guest post over at her blog. 

It's called An Intro to Running with Diabetes.  It took me a very long time to write because I kept finding myself going into too much detail.  I had to keep reminding myself of that simple thing she said to me, "Imagine yourself when you started running and what kind of info would have helped you."

There you have it.  An attempt at helping more diabetics (and non diabetics too) lace up some runners and take on the challenge. 

Please go read my post and feel free to tell me where I went wrong and what I missed!  I know, I'm so self conscious and I doubt myself a lot.

Thanks Sysy for having more faith in my knowledge than I have in myself!

1 comment:

  1. Don't doubt yourself for a second! I think your post was spot-on (especially the breathing stuff). I started running about 1-1/2 years ago and struggled for a long time to understand how to breath.

    Some days, when I feel I'm not running well, my mantra becomes "keep moving forward" and that's all I try to do. It get's me through the workout and I usually feel really good about my accomplishment for the day.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)