Monday, September 12, 2011

New shoes

I finally got new running shoes.
My feets choose Asics even though I attempted to stick them in every other brand.  They tried Nike, Brooks, Saucony, Mizuno and another brand I can't remember.  But in the end, my feets didn't give ME a choice.  They are Asics lovers whether I want them to be or not.

Also, I'd like to mention that pink is probably the one colour in the entire spectrum that I dislike the most.  Again, these shoes were on sale so pink it was.  My wallet couldn't argue even though my brain thought, "yuck pink!".  I need to get these things dirty NOW!

And yeah, runners meant for high mileage suck cuz they're darned expensive!

Out with the old Gel Nimbus 11, in with the new Gel Nimbus 12

The following pictures are why you shouldn't run close to 1000km in the same shoes for over 15 months.  I've read that recommended shoe turn-over for the kind of mileage I do is every 4-5 months.

But I loved my shoes and I'm fucking good at procrastinating.

Now if I could only do something about that PINK!!









AHHHhhh.... sustenance on my feets again.  feels pretty nice!

P.S.  only a hardcore runner and bizarre picture taker like me would go so far as to dedicate an entire blog post to pictures of running shoes.  

P.P.S. these shoes now have about 70km in them so they aren't as crisp and clean, it just took my lazy ass a week and half to get to posting this.

10 comments:

  1. Dude, we have parallel lives going on here. I,too, loathe pink. It is the one thing I've felt consistently about since birth. About the same time you were afflicted with PINK Asics, I ended up with a new pair of Adidas Oscillations that were black with PINK stripes, because, yes, they were on sale and also because they didn't have the other color in my size! I have considered buying colored duct tape and cutting strips to put over the pink, just haven't done it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 70km, they should be feeling pretty good. I love that (almost) new shoe feel. If only the new shoe smell lasted longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to say that we were happy to support you!
    You always knew how to pick us 'up' just when we needed it most.
    If we had the chance to do it all over again...we would do it in a heart beat.
    You are a GREAT runner and we are behind...umm i mean, under you ALL THE WAY!
    with love,
    your old shoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! you deserved to treat your feet in this way! And lol...I love your honesty! My newish tennis shoes are pink, too for the same reason that it's all I found and my feet chose the shoes as well lol. And while I don't mind certain shades of pink here and there, I understand your not liking it. I refused to put my newborn daughter in it (people thought I was crazy) and I put it up on the site just to spite myself because I've always been a feminist (and this made my husband think i was crazy) Anyway, I took permanent marker to the pink piping on my shoes to make it black. I literally did. :) By the way that anonymous comment someone left you was so nice!!!! I love the new shoe/old shoe pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for new shoes! Your feet deserve them with all the running you do. :) I'm okay with bright pink...not okay with light pink...yuck. Anyhoo, with all the running you do, I'm sure that pink will be hidden in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scully....you are my sole sister...while I am not a runner by any means, whatever my chosen gym activity requires Asics 100% I love love love them. As for the pink, just get out there a pound the pavement that pink will be less vibrant in no time.

    Enjoy the wonderful shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahahahaha! You're going to be a girly girl yet :)
    ps. I say feets too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I once did a post on old shoes vs. new shoes...I think only the hard-core runners do them :) Hope you're loving your new shoes.

    PS - I also refuse to buy pink shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love getting new shoes, always so cushiony! Sorry but I also love pink...maybe they'll grow on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least it's not pastel?

    Love the Gel Nimbus shoes most days. They are my cushy, "don't-get-another-running-injury" shoes.

    In no time, your shoes will be dirty enough that people won't even know your shoes started off as pink, right?

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)