Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Killer Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge

You asked for it!

Do you love peanut butter and chocolate as much as I do?

This is so not diabetes friendly and that's exactly why it's worth a post.  I mentioned awhile back that I make a real mean peanut butter chocolate fudge.  And I do!  Everybody in my circle of friends and family know this all too well.  They all Ooooh and aaaah when I bring it over.  

It's TOO easy to make, and that's the problem.  For awhile there, there was never a time where I didn't have some of this in my fridge all the time.  And everybody coming over to my house knew.

You will most likely hate me the first time you make it, so that's your warning should you choose to venture down this road.  Hey, can't say I didn't warn you!

I have NO idea how to bolus for it.  Just bolus a lot.


The pieces to the delicious puzzle


Step 1: melt chocolate and milk on LOW heat.  If you've ever fucked up melting chocolate then you already know this.  Seriously, you are committing chocolate murder if you turn the stove up any higher than 2.  I can't handle chocolate murder.

Also, this is the only pot I have in my possession, I would recommend using a bigger one if you choose to make the double recipe (like I do).


As Bob Marley would say, "Stir it up!"


Liquidy melty chocolatey and sweetened condensed milky goodness


There's only ONE way to make this chocolatey goodness even gooder!  Add peanut butter.


Mix it up.  I like my fudge to have big chunks of peanut butter in it so I only mix it a little bit.


Pour the goodness into a foil lined whatever.  See actual directions below to know what a "whatever" is.


Um...  I couldn't help it.  My blood sugar crashed shortly after this so I didn't feel so guilty for totally cleaning off that spoon


Into the fridge for a very long time.  Like, overnight.


That's 1,662 grams.  1.6kg, 3.7lbs of GOODNESS.  Can anybody carb count THAT?  That's one dense brick of carb hell!


See nice big chunks of peanut butter?  MMmmmmmm.....

So I made a double batch as I often do and I use a loaf pan.  That is my "whatever".  The original recipe asks for an 8" square pan and cools MUCH faster.  I find it easier to cut from a loaf pan. Oh and I also double the peanut butter.  I found the first time I made it that it tasted too much like chocolate and not enough like peanut butter.  Just my thoughts.

The ORIGINAL recipe
Ingredients:
8oz semi-sweet chocolate
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

MY recipe:
Ingredients:
20oz semi-sweet chocolate
1 spilling-over-the-edge cup of peanut butter
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions for ORIGINAL recipe:
heat up chocolate and milk in a double boiler or if you don't have one, in a pan on low heat.  Once all melted, add the vanilla and stir in.  Then add peanut butter, mix it to desired consistency.  Put in 8" square foil-lined pan.  Refrigerate for a couple hours.

Trust me, you will HATE me.

15 comments:

  1. OMG!! That looks SOO delicious. Can't wait to try it. I'm in the middle of moving apartments so most of my cooking dishes are packed up. I will have to be patient for the next week or two.... But after that? Game on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh.......mmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.......

    I'd totally fight your for that spoon. Well, unless you were low. Then I'd get another one :)

    I think I'm going to have to whip up a batch of this when I do my Christmas baking.

    Or, you know, maybe before.

    Like now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh oh. this may beat out the pumpkin pie fudge that i fell in love with last year. (and also sooo bolus worthy!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that looks soooo good. I admit I was totally drooling while scrolling down thru the photos. I definitely need to make this yummy goodness this weekend and fill up the ol' insulin pump to ensure I'm ready for the bloodsugar rollercoaster that I'm certain will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made this before, and you're right. It is SO darn delicious!!!! Dangerously delicious!!!! :) And now I'm craving it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks deadly. Deliciously deadly. Can think of worse ways to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chunky or creamy peanut butter? Or does it matter? I am so making this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will it somehow magically appear in front of me? I love PB and chocolate. I need to make it asap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marry me. Well...ok u know what I mean.

    I'm sooo gonna send hubby to the store now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah...that looks fucking GOOD Sculls! I may make it for Christmas Gifts for the 'hood and friends. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I am def going to try this recipe. We all looooove peanut butter and choc in my house. What a great thing to have on hand for those lows...WAY better than glucose tabs! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds so awesome!!!!!! I can't decide if I want to make a batch . . . . or try to forget I ever read this post. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy! Great idea for Christmas gifts... thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)