Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 12 of 12

As I was writing the title of this post I initially wrote "June" because I thought it couldn't possibly be July already.  Alas.  It's July ALREADY!

Here we go


1.  I didn't sleep the night before.  It's so hot in my house.  I poured this cup of coffee like it was treasure from the deep sea.  It was GOLD to my mouth!  The only shitty part?  I only keep decaf in the house.  I think I'm done with this decaf thing, it's time to go back to the real thing.  Stomach aches or not.


2.  Kind of a crappy picture but that's what you get while trying to take a picture (with my DSLR) and drive at the same time!   Although I hope the people driving the upside down car are safe, I'm glad it wasn't going in my direction.  I probably would have fallen asleep in stop 'n go traffic.


3.  My new car.  I know, I'm teasing.


4.  This is why I didn't sleep the night before.  I'm having issues because my AC isn't working and the whole furnace system is only 2 years old.  Unfortunately I don't know who installed it at the moment so I don't know who to call.


5.  Zucchini growing in my vegetable garden.  :)


6.  My running shoes are over a year old but I can't really afford new ones.  They should have been replaced ages ago, especially now that I'm training for a marathon.  


7.  Getting back from doing some stairs.  My new favourite post workout thing.  Reyna, this one is for Bridget and Joe!


8.  Some reading material.  Sports magazines are no better than chick magazines where they display people on the cover I could only dream of looking like!  Lookit that chicks abs (and arms!)!!  Totally not the average runner.


9.  To answer your question: Yes, yes I did.
I slept in my backyard outside in a tent because it WAS SO STUPID HOT IN THE HOUSE!  I'm grasping at straws here.   Why even bother with a tent though?  bugs and mosquitoes.  I still didn't get much sleep from road noise, dog digging holes and just generally sleeping in my backyard.  BUT... it was not HOT!!


10.  Okay I cheated and took this the next morning.  He brought out these toys at some point (I had the back door wide open) and he dug this fucking hole in the dead grass (um, no rain for weeks now).  The only problem was that he was scraping at the hole right beside where my head was at like 4:00am!


11.  I bought these to stash in the supply closet at the office.  I keep having lows and so I keep bringing juice boxes in.  I work with 2 other type 1's who never seem to have lows but I thought one day they might want a juice.  Notice I've already taken a box out a mere hour after I put it in there.  


12.  That would be my new car.  New to me anyway.  It's practically the newish version of my old Honda Civic.  Just better.

Cheerio!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh I love 12 of 12! Your pictures make my life seem so boring! And that girl on the cover of the magazine does something other than run on the side don't you think? You know I just read this morning that decaf is void of all the nutritional value that regular coffee has-provided it's organic and not rancid. This way it has all those antioxidants and such. Supposedly the same can be said about decaffenated tea. I thought that was interesting. Nice car by the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last several running magazines have had girls on the cover that look like that. I don't even know what I'd have to do to begin to look like that, but I have a feeling it would involve giving up my day job, cupcakes, and happiness....

    I work at a research institute that focuses on Diabetes, so if ever I forget something, they've got me covered. It's pretty sweet.

    You should check Craigslist in your area- sometimes there are running shoes for cheap on there.

    Hope it cools off so you can get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2: Honda Fit! Mario's new favourite car ... right next to the Fiat!
    #5: I love zucchini on the barbe ... yep, totally pretending to be Australian.
    #8: One word: Photoshop!
    And even if it's not Photoshop, you have WA-AY more awesome personality, so really who needs abs like that anyway. Totally overrated :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your zucchini looks really awesome, and it happens to be one of my personal favorites for veggies! Like you, I can't believe we're almost halfway through July already, where did the summer go?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1-We've done pretty good using the 1/2 caf, 1/2 decaf coffee.
    4-Go visit Joanne's blog at http://www.deathofapancreas.com/ No AC, in Texas.
    5-Your zucchini looks yummy.
    8-That's not you?
    9-Really?
    12-Cute new car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being totally honest...that running girl is nasty! I'm all for being fit and trim (don't I wish!) but muscles like that on girls are just ugly to me.
    Darn the digging dog adding to the list of things that are keeping you awake!
    Cute new car!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I love your dog!!! Funny that he pulled his toys out to play while you tried to sleep. Hope the AC is fixed and you both get to sleep comfy in the house tonight.

    Love the coffee photo! YAY REGULAR COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm all for being toned and fit, but those abs are a bit much for me! Your dog is too cute. Hope you can figure out the AC sitch soon!

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)