Monday, June 20, 2011

June 12 of 12

A week late? It's still good, it's still good.

the 12th of June fell on a Sunday.  It also happened to be the day I spent getting down to Kansas City.  It made for an interesting 12 of 12.


1.  Baggage Tag and my mum's artistic paint work.


2.  Stresses of travelling :(


3.  First stamp in my UK passport.  Read my last post to see why I was flying on my UK passport and the difficulties I had getting back into Canada.


4.  Layover in Detroit.  Bored.


5.  THIS guy was pretty fucking hilarious.  He stood there for a good 5 straight minutes totally mesmorized by the fountain.  I couldn't stop laughing at him, or his HOT PINK shirt.


6.  I learned from my mum to wait for the final boarding call.  I know they'd like you to board in a certain order but I totally can't stand cramped spaces.  Cramped hot stuffy places like an airplane as it's boarding.  So I wait.  I am usually one of the last to board.


7.  Ah, free chocolate!  It was GOOD chocolate too!


8.  Part of the view from my hotel room.  I really wanted to check out the metal building but it was still under construction.  It's some sort of music hall.


9.  I like single serve things.  Especially this stuff!  I adore almond butter but it's a pain in the ass.  I found this at the grocery store downtown and later went back and bought them completely out!  I should've photographed the front, not the back (duh!)


10.  My room number.  I really liked that all the rooms had different pictures.


11.  Good old OTIS elevators.  Yes, it seemed I was running out of ideas but it was getting late and I was beyond tired.


12.  Lastly, don't forget your giant ticket on your way out.  

8 comments:

  1. I've seen that almond butter single serve packets at our local Target/Supertarget, but I do live in the US. If you run out and can't find more, give me a shout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at signs in different cities/states/countries--some of them are so funny! The one you captured is pretty good. That's how I carry my ticket--don't you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #5-LOL I love your pics! Helps us feel like we get a fun peak into your life :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, so does your mum keep track of the trips or something? Easy way to spot your bag, for sure! ;)
    Bean loves, loves, loves almond butter...she won't even consider eating peanut butter. Totally have to find some of those single serves for her!!
    I hope the hot pink shirt guy had just gotten off a really loooong flight...or he was willing to share whatever he had taken to make that fountain so interesting!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos!!! I have to try almond butter...everyone keeps talking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The guy...I could just see you laughing at him in your head. Looks like quite a trip and "trip"...all of it.

    xo

    My mom says the mascara is in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pink shirt guy is awesome...he needs his own show. :) Love almond butter myself. YUM good chocolate! Got a kick out of the giant ticket and I think the OTIS pic turned out pretty cool. I need to do this 12 of 12 thing next month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos Scully!! Love the guy in the pink shirt..that cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)