Saturday, May 14, 2011

Diabetes Blog Week ::: Saturday Snapshots


Diabetes Blog Week Day 6

Ah, diabetes in pictures.  Is there a limit as to how many we can post?  I am going to select a few of my favourites over the past couple years.


I have always loved this picture.  Life support "lost" in space


My tattoo Medic Alert ID I designed and had done last summer.  Picture taken soon after it was done. You can read about it here.


Pumping insulin can be a kinky business.


Just a wee bit of math that goes along with some homemade soup.  When I look at this picture I get completely discouraged.


So much trash :(


This one was in my last 12 of 12.  A very bad morning full of stress and anxiety.


Death of a transmitter after only 9 months.  


I think this was pump #2.  I'm on #4 now.


This one is called "5 days of life in 1.8ml"


One of my favourite pictures!  The finish line after the Niagara Falls Half-Marathon.  I'm showing off my Tallygear Tummietote!


Some days are really FUCKING DRAINING.  Just looking at this picture makes me tired.  That, my friends, is a glucoaster at it's finest.  I want off this ride :(


This was my submission for Diabetes Art Day on Sept.1, 2010.  I even won the Sugar-Free Poetry book!


My genius attempt at making my life a bit easier with lack luster glucose meters.  The post I wrote for this got a huge amount of traffic!  That means somebody up high in the meter companies needs to see this.  

I had 3 times as many pictures but this will do for now.  I like to photograph diabetes things.

13 comments:

  1. You are a talented photographer!!! Fabulous photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very artistic. Your handwriting is so neat. The pic of the soup details I actually find ENcouraging! You must have come up with the amount of carbs! (I know it's not necessarily that easy). I remember you DArt Day piece - very impactful. And I love the insulin vial shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 5 days of life got to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tatoo!!! Great idea, cause I can never find my tags. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really think you are so awesome. Your diabetes art day submission has been in my cube ever since. No one has asked me about it, but I look at it often. Thank you. Thank you. I'm still debating the tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the D tattoo! I want one, but having a hard time finding an artist who can do something more intricate than a smiley face or a heart or spelling out "MOM" around here. That's only about 50% sarcasm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post made me cry and laugh. Your pictures are more telling than the thousands of words I've written. LOVE this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so awesome!! I love the death of a transmitter!!! That is soo funny! Even my boyfriend loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I. LOVE. YOUR. PICTURES!

    And what's crazy? I totally remember most of them. Like we have history or something.

    Keep on capturing life, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband and I have been talking about me getting a tattoo in the same place. I didn't realize you had one. He says that the wants me to be able to get another tattoo over it one day that looks like a stamped "CURED" over top...I can only dream. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heart you Scully! Great photos and THANKS for reposting the little light thingy..i was thinking about the other week and wondering how to find the post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Discouraged?? When I look at the Soup Math picture, I think how impressive you are!!

    Also love the dead transmitter skull!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)