Thursday, February 10, 2011

The "Why"

I live in this evil body.  This evil body that almost seems disconnected to my personality type. 

We all have vices right.  Well I don't drink or smoke or eat a lot of junk food.  I enjoy exercising and eating healthy.  But there is still those evil vices.  Some might not consider my addiction to peanut butter a vice but I certainly do.  Because if I ate as much of it as I wanted well, I don't think I'd be too healthy.  PB is good in small doses but in large doses it's full of fat.  I'm totally digressing here.  What was I saying? Oh yeah, one of my vices is my favourite latte at Starbucks.  I get a single shot decaf (cuz I can't have a lot of caffeine either - lame) sugar-free cinnamon dolce latte.

 

Sugar-Free Cinnamon Dolce (from Starbucks) is my favourite damn flavour on the planet.  So much so that I have to limit myself.  Not only because it costs an insane amount for a latte, but because it wrecks havoc!  The last time I was at Starbucks I made a colossal mistake of buying a bottle of the stuff for my own home/personal use.  I thought it would stop me from going to Starbucks for my weekly latte and save me some money.  Sure it saved me that but the downside to it was that I became addicted to the stuff.  I only drink one decaf coffee in the morning.  But now I wanted this in my coffee every morning!  It was SO delicious! 

SO delicious but it came at a price.  This lasted one WHOLE week.  7 measly days before I noticed a trend.  Headaches.  All day every day that seemed mostly intolerant to pain killers.  I will admit that 7 days went by that I was taking pain killers every day multiple times a day before I realized that 7 days of straight headaches was a bad sign. 

Yeah, I'm a loser diabetic who can't tolerate artificial sweeteners.  How much does that suck?  More than anyone can probably know.  I have known this for years, headaches and stomach cramps.  Usually I can get away with a small amount every few days but certainly not constantly.  It means that all diet drinks are almost out of the question.

Once I stopped putting this glorious sugar-free syrup in my coffee the headaches immediately stopped.

I now need to get rid of it or give it to someone because if it's around, the headaches will persist.  I'm weak.  Looks like spending money on a latte (or two) a week is really my only option.

Sigh.  At least I still have Stevia. (for now)

2 comments:

  1. i can't handle artificial sweeteners either! I too, get bad, persistent headaches :( Anyway, I don't like how stevia tastes in my coffee, do you? I just put cream and cinnamon now...and as I sip I dream of sweet deliciously flavoured coffee lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw an article on news last night saying that diet soda has been linked to a 40% increase in stroke risk. Bah! Now I can't have diet coke! I don't drink alcohol, don't like coffee, and can't drink most everything else cos of sugar content. :(

    And mmmmmmmmmm peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)