Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Then and Now

I have read this twice now from The Queen's Life and Sarahndipity.  I really enjoyed the responses and so it caused me to reflect on my own life.  Especially lately.  I really need to see some good in my history right now.

For the record, I wrote this on Saturday!

The "Then and Now" Meme:

10 years ago I was:
  • Just graduating college
  • Working full-time for an outfitters
  • Snowboarding many times each week
  • NOT diabetic
  • Summer/Winter camping at least once a month
Backpacking the Bruce Trail with my brother 2006
5 years ago I was:
  • Living in an amazing apartment in an amazing town with an amazing person
  • Happily working for what would end up being the best place I've ever worked
  • Struggling to understand my diabetes
  • Slowly getting more and more ill with no real reason
  • Living a really great life (despite the beginnings of not feeling well)
Home office pic taken last year 2010
 1 year ago I was:
  • Working way too much outside of work hours doing freelance and overtime
  • Still struggling with my diabetes
  • Feeling a lot better after being ill for many years
  • Changing jobs because of commuting distances
  • Writing a professional practice exam on my way to a new certification
My niece, yesterday
 Yesterday I
  • Spent some time at my parents with my sister, niece and nephew
  • Prepared to start my new job on Monday
  • Picked up my new business cards I had made
  • Took some photographs (as I do almost every day)
  • Played Raving Rabbids on Wii for a couple hours and being anti-social
  •  
    My dog posing for his internet debut
     Today I
    • Woke up at 6:30am to determine that -20C was too cold to run
    • Went to the gym instead to work out and do spin class where I pushed so hard to make up for it
    • Put my old dog carrier up on Kijiji for sale
    • Had to start my car with a hairdryer.  Now I am afraid to take my key out of the ignition.  Don't get any ideas people, the car isn't worth anything.
    • Went for a walk in an old favourite place.  Found a tiny gluten-free bakery. 


    5 songs I know all the words to
    • Anything Jack Johnson
    • Anything Moxy Fruvous (haha, this totally dates me)
    • Anything Dave Matthew's Band
    • Anything from Pablo Honey and The Bends albums by Radiohead
    • The Bad Touch - The Bloodhound Gang

    5 things I'd do with 1 million dollars
    • Make sure all my family and friends are taken care of
    • Design and build my own modest earthship
    • Put it in savings
    • Do only freelance for a living because I wouldn't be worried about health benefits
    • Fix my body.  Laser Eye, replace that tooth that's been missing for over a year, every day yoga classes

    5 favorite TV shows:
    • Grey's Anatomy
    • True Blood
    • The X-Files (I know it's old)
    • House
    • Survivorman

    5 biggest joys
    • My family and friends
    • Running/cycling/exercising
    • My career
    • Photography
    • Sharing my life with someone

    4 comments:

    1. Great post, I think I might try this as well but it might be scary lol. New reader here and I really love your blog.

      ReplyDelete
    2. This is awesome! You and I could totally hang out. Your niece is sooo cute, by the way!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Nicely illustrated. I think I want to do this meme now too..you've done a great job with it!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Wow! This was awesome :) LOVE ME SOME DAVE MATTHEWS!!!!!!

      Thanks for sharing a little more about yourself...good luck on Monday!!!

      ReplyDelete

    Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)