Saturday, January 8, 2011

Confession With an Excuse

I have a confession to make.

It has been ELEVEN (11) days since I last exercised!!  That's right, over a week and a half. 

For the record, I am going a bit stir crazy.  My running shoes are starting to collect dust and my gym bag is in complete disarray.  Eleven days is a long time in my world.  I can't even imagine how far back I've fallen and how much work I need to do to get back on the wagon.


I have been sick.  Turns out I had a terrible cold.  Snot and phlegm were exiting my body at rates I could barely even keep up with!  During the worst day of it I actually timed the span of my sneezes.  I was having sneeze explosions every 10 minutes almost on cue.  It was disturbing and though it hurt and made me feel like shit I still found it rather amusing that a human being could sneeze consistently like that.

I laid on the couch watching way too many movies for way too many days in a row.  Furthermore, it's really hard to stick to a healthy eating plan when all you want to do is fall into a NyQuil coma every day.  I ate a lot of chocolate.  It made me feel way worse.  I barely ate anything of substantial sustenance.

So, although I do have my excuse it doesn't make getting back on the wagon any easier.

SICKNESS BE GONE!  Hopefully we won't meet again for another 5 years.

I went to spin class this morning and it was really tough.  It felt like I sweat 3x as much as normal and probably because my body isn't entirely well yet.  I could feel the body dragging so I tried to take it easy.  Indoor controlled environment is pretty safe while still getting better.

I haven't been keeping up with other blogs very much in the past week and I can feel the reading piling up.  This week has brought me with many disappointments and bad karma.  When I'm ready, I will divulge.

5 comments:

  1. Uggh the lurgy strikes again! Hope you're feeling 100% again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ick - hope you're out and about very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you're on the mend...hope you're back to 100% SOON!

    Don't worry about the blogs. They'll be there. And you can dive back in whenever you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on spinning today. You are right, it is hard to get back into a good workout routine when you have been out for a few days or more...you have grit though, so it won't take you long at all Scully.

    And...

    What Wendy says on the blogs...they are always there. GET SOME REST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about you seeing in the new year with a bad virus :( Hope you are able to jump back into your normal and very active routine asap. I had gone 3 weeks without exercising which was KILLING me and gave me a string of persistent 300's which I hadn't seen in 3 years...UGH I went to the gym last night and sprinted 3 miles. Which was too much after being a couch potato for so long...but, I think I can go tonight and just slowly but surely get back to the norm. A cold is what took me out initially, too. Let's hope we don't catch any more stuff! Take all the time you need on the questions ;) Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)