Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Big F'n Q!

Welcome to 2011 Scully.  I bring to you in this new year an icky illness which I won't let you figure out.

It's safe to say that I don't remember the last time I was sick.  I mean "real people" sick.  Cold and/or flu.  I have gone a number of years with nary a sniffle here and there.  Compared to my younger years when I would catch everything that went around even if someone sneezed a street over.  I felt lucky and privileged.  I thought I must have been doing something right.  Eating healthy and exercising maybe.  I've gone year to year afraid to even mention the words "I haven't been sick in a long time". 

I think the "knocking on wood" thing is utterly ridiculous.  I remember when I was travelling in India and made that statement followed up by a knock on wood.  The very next day I fell quite ill with what can only be described as "what happens in India to everybody".  Needless to say, since then I have completely lost faith in that knocking myth.

Well, I am fully aware that it would eventually be MY turn.  Can't escape it forever.  It's just that I started last year on a bad note and it turned out to be one of the worst years of my life to date.  Starting this one out sick when I haven't been sick in many years just fills me with a sense of dread.  Like a bad omen. 

I know, I should look on the bright side and say "At least I'm getting it over with now."  Except those who know me know I am painfully stubborn when it comes to that elusive "bright" side.

So, I've been feeling like arse and can't quite figure out if it's a cold or flu.  My BG's have been quite agreeable which makes me think cold.  However no full-on cold symptoms.  It feels like I'm sitting on the fence.  Kinda feel achey and flu'ish.  Kinda feel stuffy and cold'ish.  It's persisted for 4 straight days now with very little change.

Stay tuned: Will I fall into snot-land? fever-land? or eek by and sneak into healthy-land?

Yeah, I'm being an idiot.  But I am amused and that's all that matters.

On that note, dear old NyQuil has been helping me sleep.  Who can possibly forget Dennis Leary's NyQuil bit?  I couldn't find a video with just the NyQuil part so this will have to do, I apologize to those who might be offended by bad language.  Wait-a-minute, no I'm not.  But it's Dennis Leary:


NyQuil NyQuil NyQuil, We love you, You giant fucking Q!

4 comments:

  1. Feel better!
    Last time I was real, real sick, I was dx'd with D 2 months later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon and don't end up in snot-land! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon Scully! I cannot wathc the video b/c Bridget is right here with me. I'll scope it out later. As you know, I am "down" with the bad lingo.

    (((HUGS))) thank God they are "cyber" with the illness an all - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally poaching "snotland," that cracked me up! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)