Monday, January 24, 2011

Adventure Seeker Interview

Today you will find me over at The Girl's Guide to Diabetes.  Sysy who writes a really great blog asked me for an interview.  An interview based on how I survived living in Taiwan for two years and backpacking South East Asia for a number of months as a Type 1 Diabetic.

I gotta say, when she asked me I thought "why?"  After really thinking about my adventures it really dawned on me.  It's terrifying stepping into the complete unknown on the other side of the earth to take up residence in a strange country.  I look back on some of the incidents and think wtf? I made it work because I HAD to.  I didn't go into it prepared at all.  Not by a lot of ways.  But I was forced to learn quickly how to survive and learn the "system".  It wasn't easy.  The first few months in Taiwan were crazy not only due to culture shock but just a big shock to the system and my health.

Anyway, I adore Sysy's blog The Girls Guide to Diabetes and have been following it for a long time now.  She always has very educational and interesting things to write about.  I was blown away that somebody might be interested in some of my overseas diabetic adventures.

Go check out her blog as well as my  interview. 

Thanks Sysy for the opportunity!

1 comment:

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)