1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Been this committed to exercising and started blogging!
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions from last year and will you make any for 2011?
I don't make New Year's Resolutions but I do try to make some "guidelines". In which case I think I kept the resolution. It is usually the same: Stay healthy, get healthier
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
YES! My sister had a baby boy!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully no. But that is not to say that I didn't feel a few losses personally
5. What countries did you visit?
I guess the USA. Though its not exactly a plane ride away.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory...and why?
I keep coming back to this question and can't answer it. I'm sorry. I can't even come up with something witty. There is a day, that's all you need to know.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my freelance business a bit more up and running.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I failed in some major ways this past year. All of which I won't talk about. I admit to failure.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not a single illness and barely an injury (I'm clumsy so that's a first for me!) I did pull my Achilles tendon, but that only lasted a couple weeks.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Truthfully? My hair. ;)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mum. She has recently gotten over a huge hurdle and I am proud of her.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I can't say that about anybody. That's just rude and insulting.
14. Where did most of your money go?
House stuff and all the bills that come with owning a house.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
There isn't one particular incident, but this year I got really excited about my running.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
I honestly can't answer this question. These things usually become more apparent with the next year. Maybe "Dog Days" by Florence and the Machine and not because I like it but because it's on every damn radio station at least once an hour.
17. Compared to last year, are you...
...happier/sadder? I am seriously in the middle. In some aspects I am leaning towards both.
...thinner/fatter? Well, I weigh more, but I've lost inches so I think I am more muscular now
...richer/poorer? A bit richer thanks to freelance and a new nephew
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I didn't get my regular summer addiction of road cycling in because I was concentrating on running too much.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
stressing to the point of mental breakdown.
20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
Honestly? maybe playing some Wii by myself and in bed before midnight. I don't have TV so I can't even mindlessly watch the countdown and I feel like being alone.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Only with my exercise. (and my hair!)
22. How many one-night stands?
None. Who would honestly answer this anyway?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Watched a lot of downloaded series that friends got me into. True Blood and Nurse Jackie are two of my favourites this year.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a harsh word. "dislike" yes.
25. What was the best book you read in 2010?
OMG, Suzanne Collins "The Hunger Games". I haven't been that obsessed with a book in years. I haven't read the other two in the series yet because I'm cheap and they aren't out in paperback yet.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Nothing new per say. But re-discovering my love for other bands has been monumental.
27. What did you want AND get?
My bedroom re-done thanks to my dearest Mum!
28. What did you want and NOT get?
A new job with benefits.
29. What was your favorite film of the year?
I think this one is obvious, Avatar. Saw it twice in 3D.
30. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I ran a half-marathon by myself for fun. Met with my family for an informal birthday dinner and ate the most fantastic decadent dark chocolate gluten free cake with peanut butter frosting ever. I turned 31.
31. What ONE thing would have made your year immensely more satisfying?
I don't think I have an answer to this one. Been thinking about it for ages now.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Nothing new or different. I'm a cargo pants (or jeans), tshirt and hoodie kind of girl.
33. What kept you sane?
My addiction to exercise
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Seriously?! I don't know. NONE of them?
35. What political issues stirred you the most?
The issues that arose over the oil spill. I couldn't listen or read about it because it just hurt so much.
36. Whom did you miss?
All of my friends who are living in other countries on other continents. Most importantly my friend Sue.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
My new running buddy Jason!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson that you learned in 2010.
In the end, you have to look out for your own health and well being.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"How bad do we need a new reminder?"
|Happy New Year!|