There are 4 things that you must do in order to accept this award:
3. Pass the award on to 12 bloggers you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic
4. Notify your nominees
1. Thank the person who gave you the award:I am thanking Nicole! A fellow Canadian D-Blogger, thanks for the excuse for a blog post topic. It IS NaBloPoMo and 30 days is a LOT of posts!
2. Share seven things about yourself:Nobody said anything about NEW, but I’ll try to cover some unknown bases at least.
1. I’m absolutely and completely arachniphobic. In fact that word alone gives me the shivers. When I see a spider I immediately feel like I'm going to hurl/pee my pants/cry/faint all at the same time. The other day, one trapped me between my desk and my wall in my home office. I nearly had a panic attack. I almost crawled under the desk to get out the other side but instead I tried to be a hero. I knocked it to the ground with some paper (yeah it was hanging RIGHT at eye level the fucker) then I squished it into the carpet with my slipper. Then I cringed and jumped around and never went back to the office for the rest of that day. I can't even look at pictures and I close my eyes in movies and pray for death.
2. I carry two glucose meters with me everywhere I go. I also don’t ever carry backup diabetes supplies except for low treatment in the form of Rockets, Glucotabs or GU gels. I always feel that my supplies at home are never really that far away. One of these days I'll be eating my words. Damn it karma, why did I write this?
3. I snort AND drool when I get overly excited and laugh, it can be embarassing around certain company.
4. I dislike radio, television and pretty much anything where I'm FORCED to listen to or see advertisements. I turn my radio off when the ads come on. I don't have cable for my TV because if I had to watch more ads than programs there would be a giant hole in my TV. I do miss a lot of mindless entertainment though so I download things I want to watch.
5. My sense of smell is the most powerful sense I have. As well as my insanely good memory. This allows my nose tells me stories of the past when I get whiffs of certain things. Weird eh?
6. I am way more of an introvert than an extrovert. Social situations make me uneasy and crowds especially make me want to crawl out of my skin sometimes. I HATE Christmas shopping and try my best not to go into malls during the month of December. I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet and I'm already feeling anxious about it.
7. I’ve been a hardcore vegetarian for over 12 years. By hardcore, I don't mean strict, I mean it’s not unusual to see me sitting down to a big bowl of carrots or Brussels sprouts and nothing else. I crave vegetables ALL the time. Lately, my obsession has been with cherry tomatoes. I know, I have no idea what’s going on but I have to use will power to NOT eat whole containers of them all day long. You’d be surprised at the intestinal .. um.. discomfort that many tomatoes will do. Just trust me and don’t do it.
3. Pass the award on to 12 bloggers you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.
1. Brooke from The Sugar Substitute
2. Emma from The Teapot Diabetic
3. Crystal from Randomly CapitalizeD
4. Sam from living while I'm alive
5. Fiona from Hi Fi
6. Queenie from Diabetic Queen
7. Katie from Princess of Pavement
8. Jerry from The Incurable Runner
9. Alan from Poems for Active Diabetics
10. Virtue from Natural Born Cyborg
11. Bethany from Me With D
12. Jacquie from Typical Type 1
That was hard to compile a list like that. I had to use some old bloggers as well as new ones.. I haven't been in this for long so a lot of them ARE new bloggers to me. I sure hope you folks participate too.
Lastly I am supposed to notify them. I think a lot of you guys follow me so like Nicole, "consider yourselves notified"