Monday, November 1, 2010

NaBloPoMo etc...

Okay... 
After much consideration I have decided to partake in NaBloPoMo.  What is it some of you unknowing folks may ask?  It's stands for "National Blog Posting Month" where the blogger posts every single day for a month.  It often happens every month and sometimes with themes but November is where it all started.  I feel the need to participate in this because it's the month of November and November is also Diabetes Awareness Month.  Since this is a (mostly) diabetes blog ... here I am! 

To be honest, I don't know if I'm looking forward to taking on this challenge.  BUT, I have and so I will.  I'm pretty certain I'm going to run out of things to write quickly and so there will be a lot of random stupid pictures.   You can always count on me for random stupid pictures!  More than that I am looking forward to reading all my fellow D-Bloggers every day.  It makes me excited to think about that and perhaps in an unconscious way I am participating to somehow give back what I am about to receive.  Just not at the same quality perhaps!

Onward blogging we go!  Join me in a month of the boring life of Type 1 Scully! 

To make it slightly more amusing November 9th is D-Blog Day.  This year's topic is: 6 things you want people to know about diabetes.  To read more about it, click HERE.


As well, November 14th is World Diabetes Day.  This is the first year that I'm going to take notice of it.  Education and prevention is the World Diabetes Day theme for the next few years.  I'm not sure if I'm going to do anything specific, or if I'm just going to write a post.  Probably take the easy way out and write a post.  Maybe I'll wear something blue (with red blood stains on it and naturally take a picture of it).

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I have no idea why I am doing this either! I have 6 posts planned so far but...that is not enough posts! We can cheerlead each other through if we need it :D Make that 7 with Dblog day! It totally feels like giving back though, every little thing counts.

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)