Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Beginning to an End

Today is the last day of NaBloPoMo.  It has definitely been a journey but more than anything I'm sort of glad it's over.  I managed to fill 30 days with some semi coherent rambling.  Now it's time to take a few days to recuperate the brain and get some more fresh ideas.  It's been a good ride and there are some amazing Dbloggers out there who participated. 

Diabetes Awareness Month is over but we still have diabetes.  We still continue every day to struggle and fight for ourselves.  I hope at least that a few more people have been educated.  I hope everybody out there who is non D and reading these blogs remembers that it's still here when you go away. 

Twenty-four hours a day, 7 days a week, three hundred and sixty-five days a year.  Every minute.  Not just the month of November, not just world diabetes day on the 14th but all year long we are here fighting.  So thus ends the month of November, the month of diabetes awareness. 

On that note, as the month ends a new one begins.  With this new month I welcomed my new nephew into the world yesterday!  A new life, a new beginning.

5 comments:

  1. YOU DID IT!! and Congrats auntie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on BOTH!!! I am so glad to have met you through this process ... I really enjoy your blog.

    AND...

    Awesome news on the nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT is called finishing strong.

    Congrats and WELCOME DECEMBER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie!!! congrats auntie and congrats on blogging all the way

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)