Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Laralove

SIMPLE : PURE : DELICIOUS!


I'd like to take a break from the monotony of my down and depressed posts to write about something that makes me happy.  Call it a self-forced distraction, a break from crappy reality.

I've been a fan of Larabars since I discovered them before I ever went gluten-free.  They are even more special to me now that I actually am gluten-free.  I'm also a bit of a health nut.  They are appealing because of the complete lack of ingredients.  You can usually count the ingredients on a single hand for almost all of their bars.  There are no unpronounceable ingredients.  No fillers, no preservatives, no chemicals or artificial sweeteners.  They are the tastiest things under the sun.  Well, next to peanut butter straight off the spoon.  Don't worry dear PB (my lover), you will never be replaced!   The main ingredient is usually dates which is what gives them their sweetness and high fiber content.  Because of that, I don't find they wreck havoc on my blood sugars.  I don't really consider these as "energy" bars because they don't pack a lot of sustenance in them.  They are more like wee sweet delicious snacky bars. That means that they are "decent" in carb content though averaging at 25-30g with usually 4-5g fibre each.  I use them for post low treatments sometimes but more often than not I just carry them with me in case I get hungry.  I also regularly use them as quick energy bars for cycling a lot because of their small'ish carb count.

When I was down in the US a couple weeks ago I bought the store out of their Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Chocolate Chip Brownie as I can't buy those flavours in Canada (YET).  As well I noticed on their website while composing this post that OMG they have a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip but I wasn't able to find those.  Thank goodness for my bank account though.

So this is the post in which I drool about Larabars.  The Peanut Butter and Jelly actually tastes like Peanut Butter and Jelly! The ingredients for this bad boy: Dates, Peanuts, Unsweetened Cherries and Salt.  Only good stuff going into my body!

I mean, really, go buy some!! They are surprisingly fantastic! Visit their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)