Saturday, August 7, 2010

Touched By Kindness

Awhile back I had a rant POST about my sad loss of my two cheater meters.  It was about my disappointment with Abbott and how all their new meters don't take the old strips.  I think I've been out of the loop for awhile but I'm living off a stockpile from a long time ago.  I still had several bottles of old strips but no old meters.  Abbott agreed to replace a handful of bottles but not nearly enough.  A fine FANTASTIC DOC'er named Brooke over at The Sugar Substitute offered to send me her old Freestyle meters.  I received the package in the mail just yesterday.

I'd like to thank Brooke from the bottom of my heart for sending me these old meters and allowing me to use up my old strips and not letting them go to waste.  We all know that a diabetic letting strips go to waste is like a teenager spilling a beer.  NO way man!!  Strips are too darn precious, especially in my personal economic times.   So thank you Brooke. 

Another friend of mine stepped up when he read my blog post also.  A friend who doesn't have diabetes or know too much about the trials and tribulations (or at least I don't think he does).  Somehow, someway, he tracked down a meter for me also.  I'm still not sure how he acquired said meter, I think he may have stolen it from an old lady (kidding J).  I now have PLENTY of meters for my strips and I couldn't be more happy and grateful.  Guess that means I can be clumsy and loose them again? I don't think so, these tokens of friendship mean the world to me.  I hope you guys know that.  You saved my butt!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm so glad you got them! I'm so glad I could help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for D friends. It's so great to have people helping each other!

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)