Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Scully-ology

I have nothing in my head today but a stupid meme.  No offence to those who do the meme thing - I'm just in a rotten mood.  I think I saw this on Cara's blog as well as a few others I can't rememeber right now.  By the way, am I the only one who has no clue where the word 'meme' came from?  What the hell does it mean?

Let others know a little more about yourself, re-post this as your name followed by "ology".


FOODOLOGY
What is your salad dressing of choice? Greek
What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? Montforts, but it upsets my stomach
What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? Oatmeal with peanut butter
What are your pizza toppings of choice?  feta and green olives
What do you put on your toast?  A lot of peanut butter


TECHNOLOGY
How many televisions are in your house? 1 but no cable hook-up
How many computers? 2 laptops
What kind of cell phone do you have? Blackberry Pearl
Do you have an iPod? Yes, an older 30gig classic

BIOLOGY
Are you right-handed or left-handed? Right
Have you ever had anything removed from your body? Other than teeth? No
What is the last heavy item you lifted? Our canoe
Have you ever been knocked unconscious?  Yes, while rapelling rock climbing but only for a few moments and I had a back-up fail-safe device.


BULLOLOGY
If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?  No thank you!
If you could change your name, what would you change it to?  Something less girly
Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?  Nope, not worth the heartburn!


DUMBOLOGY
How many pairs of flip flops do you own?  One
Last time you had a run-in with the cops? Couple months ago, major speeding ticket
Last person you talked to?  My boss
Last person you hugged? N/A
Last person you kissed?  N/A


FAVORITOLOGY
Season?  All are special to me
Holiday?  Any long weekend in the summer
Day of the week?  Thursday
Month?  Honestly, couldn't choose one.


CURRENTOLOGY
Missing someone?   Always, I have friends all over the world I haven't seen in years.
Mood?  Sad, apprehensive, depressed... would you like me to go on?
What are you listening to?  I take my music rather personally, I like to keep it to myself so I'm not telling.
Watching?  How could I watch something and write this?
Worrying about?  My health, my future


RANDOMOLOGY
First place you went this morning? After getting ready for work, work!
What's the last movie you saw? Ghost writer - meh, not so great.
Do you smile often?  I'd be lying if I said yes.
Sleeping alone tonight?  well maybe

OTHER-OLOGY
Do you always answer your phone? If I'm around to get it in time yes.
If you could change your eye color what would it be? I wouldn't change them, I like blue.
Do you own a digital camera?  Yep, a Nikon digital SLR
Have you ever had a pet fish?  Many years ago, yes.
Favorite Christmas song(s)? Can't say I really like any of them overly much
What's on your wish list for your birthday?  Its too far away to think about, don't remind me of age.  besides, this question needs to be more specific.  A realistic wish or an imaginary one?
Can you do push ups? A few, yes
Can you do a chin up? yes but not more than a couple
Does the future make you more nervous or excited?  Probably more nervous
Do you have any saved texts?  No
Ever been in a car wreck? Been in accidents but never in a "wreck"
Do you have an accent? Don't think so, I'm Canadian eh!
What is the last song to make you cry?  many - recently but I don't know the names
Plans tonight? climbing stairs and maybe more work.  I do freelance on the side
Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?  DEFINITELY more than once. 
Name 3 things you bought yesterday?  A tea from Tim Hortons, that's all
Have you ever been given roses?  Yes
Current worry? I need to find a new job, one with health benefits :(
Current hate right now?  My Medtronic CGM useless sensors.  Hate doesn't come close.  Don't get me wrong the technology is out of this world but they don't stay stuck!
Met someone who changed your life?  MANY, they all do
How will you bring in the New Year?  Dang, that's way too far away to think about, I don't normally plan for New Years Eve.
What song represents you?  Weak and Powerless by A Perfect Circle
Name three people who might complete this?  nada clue
Would you go back in time if you were given the chance? Normally I would say "No, don't fuck with karma" but lately I'd do anything to go back in time.
Have you ever dated someone longer than a year solid?  I've had a few long-termers
Do you have any tattoos/piercings? 3 tattoos, SO MANY peircings over the years.
Will you be in a relationship 4 months from now? these questions are hitting way too close to home right now.
Does anyone love you? Yes, I hope so
Would you be a pirate? eYARR! for sure!
What songs do you sing in the shower? I never sing in the shower, its my thinking time
Ever had someone sing to you?  Yes.  a friend in a band during a show when I was 17
When did you last cry?  I am too ashamed to admit.  It happens too often these days.
Do you like to cuddle?  When its not stinking hot yes
Have you held hands with anyone today? No, but who holds hands often enough to ask that question?
Who was the last person you took a picture of?  Myself actually, last night.
What kind of music did you listen to in elementary school? Guns n Roses, Milli Vanilli, Moxy Fruvous
Do you believe in staying close with your ex's?  In some cases yes
Are most of the friends in your life new or old?  Mostly old, but my DOC pals are new.
Do you like pulpy orange juice?  If I wasn't diabetic yes but I don't drink juice unless its an emergency
What is something your friends make fun of you for?  My obsession with peanut butter.

3 comments:

  1. Does anyone love you?...Yes....I do

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "meme" is a hybrid of the Latin for mind, "memor", which is a root of "memory" and "remember", and "genes", the carriers of biological traits.
    A meme is the cultural equivalent of a gene. Memetics is the study of ideas, or cultural traits, and how they propagate, as genetics is a study of how biological traits are passed on.
    Anyway, the term was coined by Richard Dawkins in "The Selfish Gene" in 1976.
    Or something like that.
    The idea of a meme is just a meme, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, thanks jpnairn! I'm going to hold you accountable for now on as my own personal wikipedia. :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)