Friday, August 13, 2010

Diabetic Friendly Beverage

I discovered a tasty diabetic friendly beverage!  I don't know about any of you, but I am damaged goods.  My body doesn't like chemicals in my food.  I react strongly to all artificial sweeteners, especially Aspartame.  Really sucks being that I'm diabetic.  I get crampy, bloated and nauseous if I have too much of it.  Which means I usually avoid all diet beverages and such.  Though I don't really like soda, this goes for all sugar-free and artificially sweetened drinks.  Occasionally when I really crave something other than water and green tea and I will buy a flavoured water but more often than not I pay the price.  My options are really limited.   I don't condone the "no-sugar added" snacks etc. either because they, too, are made with artificial sweeteners.  Not to mention they usually taste metallic and have a horrible bitter after-taste. 


I found this stuff while perusing through the store yesterday.  It is flavoured water but without artificial sweeteners.  Its sweetened with the real thing, sugar!  However, unlike other sugar sweetened drinks, these aren't over-loaded with a days worth of carbs.  The label reads 10g of carbs for the whole thing.  They aren't over-powering sweet which I like.  Just a touch of flavour and sweetness.  I approve!  You can see in the picture I almost finished the Orange-Mango one.

I noticed that two of the three bottles are on the french side.  Oops.  I'm sure you get the idea anyway though.  
 

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh nice! I haven't seen those yet but I'm gonna keep an eye out for them. My favorite is just plain old seltzer water. The no-sodium kind. It's bubbly and more "fun" than plain water. Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting. Those look good!
    And after having sensor, resevoir, and car issues...I'm sure you're glad to have found something GOOD for a change!

    Thanks for reading my blog...I love reading yours every day too...at least once I get past the funny canadian spellings, blood sugar readings not in mg/dl, and weather in celcius :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)