Friday, July 23, 2010

D-Feast Friday: Vol.1

Okay, I had grand plans for today but just couldn't pull it together during the week.  I couldn't NOT partake in the wonders of community blogging so here goes my morning breakfast.  EVERY morning for the past 4 (or so) years I have oatmeal.  Before I continue you must know that I have a very small appetite and get full quickly so this doesn't make very much.  I always make it in a mug.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup quick oats
2 tsp powdered milk
2 tsp ground flax
a ton of cinnamon
a ton of peanut butter (you'd be hard pressed to find someone who likes peanut butter more than me)

Mix all ingredients except PB with boiling water.  Use a bit of extra water as the ground flax thickens it up quite a bit.  The cinnamon makes it sweet but feel free to add sweetener of your choice.  Then take a big honking huge spoonful of peanut butter (whatever your choice) and plop it in the middle and wait 5 minutes.  Gooey melted peanut butter and oats.  I still look forward to it every single morning.  Once I added a handful of chocolate chips.  Okay maybe more than once.

Ritually its about 25g carbs.  It NEVER EVER EVER spikes my blood sugar.  EVER.  
I love to cook and photograph so I promise next time I'll get my shit in gear.

Today, however, I may have just found my new favourite breakfast thanks to Jen at La Dolce Vita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)