Sunday, June 20, 2010

First Impressions

Why Blog?

I'm a Canadian girl with Type 1 Diabetes. Somewhere in the next post will be my obligatory diagnosis story.

I've learned over the past few years the value of the Online Diabetes Community and it has helped me greatly to deal and laugh and cry. Most importantly that I am clearly NOT alone with the utter frustrations!!

I've read so much and now feel it is my turn to start returning some favours.

The trials and tribulations are never-ending, I hope to share some of my stories and day to day intricacies of this frustrating disease.

Most importantly, Diabetes isn't going away anytime soon, so I feel the need to embrace it. As many have said, "Diabetes doesn't define me but it has certainly helped shape me into the person I have become." This seems like a good way to jump in and quit being a spectator.

SO... without further adieu, Hello, my name is Chris, I am Canadian and I have Type 1 Diabetes. I was diagnosed at 22, 8 years ago this July. Its nice to finally meet you.


To read more about me, please click HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Chris! I look forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You have a blog! Great to read what you have to say :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to low life spam monkeys I am forced to moderate comments and I hate it (But I hate spam monkeys more)